Banana Bread with Almonds Recipe September 14, 2017 09:12
Preheat oven to 350
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Hearthy Foods Banana Flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup plain yogurt or buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, banana flour, both sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another medium bowl, beat together the eggs, melted butter, yogurt or buttermilk and vanilla extract.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the sliced almonds.
4. Pour batter into a buttered and floured 8 x 5 nonstick loaf pan.
5. Bake until the top is browned and a wooden skewer comes out clean, approximately 60 minutes. After 30 minutes you can cover the loaf with foil or baking parchment if the top is browning more than you would like.