Is Beet Flour (powder) Good for YOU?
Beets are one of the most popular superfoods out there because of the numerous health benefits. The answer is YES!
What is Beet Flour?
It is simply beet in flour form. Beet Flour is made from the beetroot vegetable.
We use the round red vegetable variety to make beet flour. Beets are related to turnips, rutabagas and sugar beets.
Add beet flour is added to water for a nutritious drink. Use it in your smoothies and greens drinks, sprinkled on salads and used in gravies, sauces, soups and to provide color to most any recipe.
NUTRIENTS IN BEET FLOUR
Beets are full of Vitamins A, B6 and C, magnesium, iron, folate, potassium, iron, calcium, proteins, and soluble fiber. Also, another important benefit of beet flour is loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants.Beet Flour is naturally sweet. Most of the calories that come from beet flour are from its natural sugar.
BEET FLOUR BENEFITS AND USES
Health issues like high blood pressure, bad circulation, low energy, low endurance can be helped by using beet flour.
Some of the main benefits of beetroot powder include:
- Supports healthy blood pressure because it contains nitrates that are vasodilators.
- Improves athletic performance by boosting your stamina and muscle blood flow and recovery.
- Regulates homocysteine as beet flour is high in betaine, converting homocysteine to methionine. High homocysteine is a risk factor for many diseases.
- Improves blood sugar control.
- A tremendous antioxidant that limits free radical damage in the body.
- Supports healthy blood clotting factors.
- Excellent source of fiber, folate, magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc.
In summary, Hearthy Beet Flour is high in vitamins, help cleanse the body, and are a high source of energy. Did you know that in the olden days, beets were even used as an aphrodisiac?