Make this simple and delicious Gluten-Free Eggplant Parmesan tonight! Eggplant is not only a good source of fiber but rich in nutrients and low in calories! Our Hearthy GF AP flour gives these eggplants a nice crunchy texture without having to coat with breadcrumbs. Don’t feel bad about going back for seconds with this one.
GF Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
1 large or 2 small eggplants
1 Jar Tomato Sauce 25oz
1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/3 cup Avocado Oil for frying eggplant
1 cup Hearthy GF AP Flour
2 tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
2 T Water for egg bath
Salt & Pepper to taste
10 oz sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp Butter for mushrooms
2 Tbsp shredded onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice eggplant into ½ inch medallions. In a bowl add enough water to cover with 1 T of Salt. Place slices of eggplant and allow to soak while preparing other ingredients.
- In a medium to large zip lock bag add 1 Cup of Hearthy GF AF flour with salt and pepper. Shake well to combine, set aside.
- In a heated saute pan add 1 T of butter and sliced mushrooms. Add 2 TBSP of shredded onions, salt and pepper to taste. Saute mushrooms until done to your liking. Remove from heat and place mushrooms in a bowl.
- Prepare eggplant by removing it from soaking and set aside. Take a bowl and add 1 egg with 2 T of water, whisk until well combined.
- In a large skillet over medium to high heat add ⅓ cup of Avocado Oil.
- Take a bag of flour and place one eggplant disk and shake. Once well coated, remove from the bag and dip into egg mixture then place into a hot skillet. Continue to batter each eggplant until the skillet is full. Cook on both sides until brown.
- In a large casserole dish cover the bottom with tomato sauce. After the eggplant has been fried, remove and place in a casserole dish. Top each eggplant slice with a spoonful of tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and mushrooms. Repeat.
- In a 350 degree oven place eggplant in for 15 minutes to melt the cheese and heat up the sauce. Ready to serve!