This dairy-free, gluten-free, superfood spinach gnocchi needs to be on your menu this week. Add this delicious, belly warming, drool-worthy recipe to this week’s menu right now. If you make too much, don't fret, you can freeze the leftovers and enjoy them all week long.
In this recipe we used our Premium Hearthy Spinach and Hearthy GF AP Flour. It’s not only gluten free but now contains additional vitamins and minerals. This superfood is a great way to sneak greens into the diets of your loved ones.
4 ¼ Cup Potatoes 3-4 large potatoes or
1 ¼ cup Hearthy GF AP Flour
½ tsp Salt
8 oz Classic Pesto Sauce 4 servings (Store bought or make your own!)
- Boil potatoes until tender. These potatoes need to be free of lumps. Remove skin and use a potato ricer. If you don’t have one you can push through a sieve or add it to a food processor and pulse it a few times.
- In a medium bowl add the cooled potatoes, GF flour, salt and whisked eggs. Use a wooden spoon to mix everything together. Once well combined, use your hands to knead dough for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 chunks. Use a little flour for dusting if the dough is a bit sticky. Roll each piece out into elongated rolls, like a sausage about ½ inch thick. Once rolled, slice ½ inch size pieces and roll over a fork or gnocchi board. Depending on the size of each gnocchi, it could make between 100 to 120 balls.
- In a pot of boiling water add salt. Place gnocchi in water, 1 cup at a time. Gnocchi’s will sink to the bottom but will float to the top when they are done. Allow to cook for a couple more minutes before removing them. Use a slotted spoon and strain.
- For one serving add ¼ cup pesto or tomato sauce in a saute pan. Once hot, add 1 cup of Gnocchi. Saute until the sauce is evenly coated. Add fresh spinach or parmesan cheese to finish.