These egg collagen muffins are not only packed full of flavor and gluten-free but also nutritionally rich- making you feel fuller, longer. Using sauteed mushrooms, spinach, onions and Gruyere cheese gives these muffins a nice meaty flavor and texture. Both eggs and our Hearthy Collagen are easy on our digestive tract compared to other high protein foods like meat. We used our Hearthy Broccoli Flour & Hearthy Spinach Flour adding more green superfoods to your breakfast meal.
Makes 9 egg muffins
6 Large Eggs
¼ cup Almond Milk (Liquid of your choice)
¼ cup Onions diced
1 ½ cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup or 3oz of Gruyere Cheese
½ cup Spinach Leaves chopped
2 T Hearthy Collagen
1 garlic clove minced
¼ tsp Salt & Pepper
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
2 T Avocado/Olive Oil
- In a heated saute pan add 2 T of Avocado/Olive oil. Add ¼ cup of Onions, Minced garlic and stir until onions start to become glossy. Add 1 ½ cups of sliced mushrooms and cook until browned and moisture evaporated. Add a pinch of salt & black pepper. Remove mushrooms from heat and place into another bowl. Toss fresh spinach into the saute pan and cook until barely wilted allowing the moisture to escape.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl crack six eggs and whisk. In another bowl add Almond milk, collagen, spinach/broccoli flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Whisk until well combined. Add the milk mixture into the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Prepare muffin tin pan by lightly coating the tins with cooking spray.
- Start layering each tin by placing 1 T of shredded cheese. Add 1T mushroom and onion mixture on top. Take one pinch of sauteed spinach and place it on top of the mushrooms.
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin tin, about 3 T, do not fill to the rim, leave space so the eggs won’t cook over.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until muffins start to lightly brown. Check for doneness by using a toothpick that comes out clean.
- Before serving, let the muffins cool slightly. Sprinkle with fresh chopped spinach or diced green onions and serve! These muffins can last in a refrigerator for up to 5 days.