This delicious dip is a great alternative to chickpea or dairy based dips. It's filling, healthy and flavorful. The parsnip flour and the masala spice mix bring a rich Indian flavor to this dish that is unique and will have you scrapping the bottom of the bowl.
Why use Parsnip Flour? Parsnips contain high amounts of soluble fiber, potassium and folate. This would make a great prework out snack protecting your body from any work out stresses. Another friendly and protective food for our hearts!
Makes 11 oz
½ cup Hearthy Parsnip flour
½ tsp Nutritional Yeast
¼ tsp Sabzi masala spice mix seasoning
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ½ cup Parsnip flour and spread over a sheet pan. Lightly roast the flour for 5-6 minutes. The flour should turn a light shade of brown. Tip: all flours used in raw recipes should be lightly toasted to not only increase flavor but to help remove any potential contaminates.
- Once flour has been cooled, add all of the dry ingredients and spices into a blender or food processor.
- Start with ½ cup of water, then slowly add more water until your desired consistency is reached. Parsnip flour is very absorbent and will require more liquid. Puree dip until well combined.
- Place dip in a nice bowl and serve with our Hearthy Easy to make Gluten Free Almond Crackers!
Substitutes & Suggestions
Be creative! Use ½ tsp of dry herbs or 1 TBSP of fresh herbs to your dip. In our recipe we used an Indian herb mix for vegetables, Sabzi Masala. This gave it a nice spicy and flavorful unique flavor compared to traditional dips. Add more for a spicier dip!