Checkout out this Sweet Potato, Cherry Tomato & Corn Gnocchi that is perfect for a lighter pasta option. Its savoury sweet potato is balanced perfectly with sweet ripened cherry tomatoes. Try this dish this week for a warm and delicious lunch or dinner.
Sweet Potato and Corn & Cherry Tomato Gnocchi
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1 large sweet potato, mashed (about ½ cup)
½ cup Hearthy Foods All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
¼ cup Hearthy Foods Sweet Potato Flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup ricotta cheese or alternative
½ stick butter or butter alternative
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 ears corn, kernels removed
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
½ cup parmesan cheese or alternative
¼ cup reserved pasta water
Grated parmesan cheese and cracked pepper for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine mashed sweet potato and ricotta cheese or Ricotta Alternative. Stir in Hearthy Foods Sweet Potato Flour & Gluten Free All Purpose Flour & salt. Mix until the dough becomes soft and comes together into a large ball.
2. Transfer dough to a floured work surface and knead for 2 minutes. Divide the dough into four pieces using a pastry cutter. Roll the dough into a rope that is about ½ an inch thick. Then cut into bite sized pieces. Using the back of a fork, roll the dough along the groves - this creates indents to help the sauce stick to the gnocchi.
3. When ready to cook, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in gnocchi in batches and cook until they float to the top, about a minute.
4. Reduce heat to medium low then add butter or butter alternative. Once melted, add minced garlic, corn kernels and cherry tomatoes. Cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add gnocchi and saute for another minute.
5. Mix reserved pasta water with parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese melts then add to the gnocchi with basil.
6. To serve, divide among bowls and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
Pro tip: You can freeze the gnocchi right after it's made and just add to boiling water when ready to cook - no thawing necessary!