Gluten-Free Gooey Chocolate Brownie Cookies
What could be better than a fusion of two of our favorite things!? Cookie and a brownie!? Say no more... The date flour in these rich and chewy cookies bring the flavour profile to another level and makes the inside more gooey than regular all purpose flour. I love that with these cookies you can satisfy your chocolate craving without the heaviness of a whole brownie!
Serving Size: 1 Dozen
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1. These cookies are extra fragile so you must leave them on the baking sheet after cooking (or transfer the parchment to a cooling rack) for 15 minutes. The cookies will seem raw when done but will harden once cooled.
2. Make sure you refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
3. These will stay fresh for 3 days in the fridge.
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 stick unsalted butter, diced
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1⁄2 cup Hearthy Foods date flour
3 tbsp Hearthy Foods cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 tsp salt
1. Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler and mix together.
2. While they are melting, whip the sugars and eggs together for 3 minutes on high.
3. Once the butter and chocolate have melted, mix them with the eggs and sugars.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together, and sift the cocoa powder because it might have clumps in it.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours (covered).
6. Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Using a cookie or muffin scoop, scoop out the dough leaving space from each other, and
bake for 12-15 minutes. Leave on the baking trays to cool before eating.
Is your mouth watering yet!?