Yellow Split Pea Flour Bundt Cake with Lemon Icing - Soft and Buttery
The golden color and superb flavor of yellow pea flour mimics the look and taste of all purpose flour.
2/3 cup softened butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
4 1/8 tablespoons flour Hearthy yellow split pea flour
6 1/2 tablespoons potato starch
4 1/2 tablespoons Hearthy tapioca starch
3 tablespoons Hearthy brown rice flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon whole milk (+ more if needed)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Heavily grease two 8 inch bundt pans.
3. In bowl of a mixer, cream together butter, sugar and salt. Mix for 1 minute on low, scrape and mix for 1 minute on high.
4. Slowly add egg yolks and eggs, mixing for 1 minute.
5. Scrape down sides and whip for another 3 minutes.
6. With mixer on low-medium speed, add the milk, then add in the flour in 3 additions. Mix for 1 minutes, add the vanilla and lemon zest. Scrape sides and blend for another minute, until combined.
7. Pour the mixture into the bundt cakes, and bake for about 35-40 minutes, until batter is cooked through and sides lightly pull away from pan and toothpick comes out clean, going the whole length of the toothpick.
8. Let fully cool on wire rack. Then cover open end with a plate, and gently tap/wiggle to remove cake.
9. Whisk together icing ingredients, taste, and adjust lemon if needed. Drizzle on top of cake.
#hearthyfoods #splitpeaflour #bundtcake #glutenfree #grainfree